I feel our timing lately has been horrible. Deans orientation, pictures, meetings, and now I am sick. I want to get this class more organized and back on track. SO today you have a webquest to slow our roll and get organized. Read these updates in order.
1. PLEASE start actually doing the homework, I can tell so many of you are not. I will start checking the homework the day after its assigned each time.
Old homework routine: American Pageant Readings and AMSCO Study Guides.
New homework routine: Part A: We are going to do Flipped classroom style homework. Meaning we are going to start watching the lectures (usually done in class) online and the next class period, our warm up will be a discussion based on the topics covered in the online lecture videos. This way we can free up class time for more hands on learning activities. You will be required to take Cornell notes and/or Notes on the Key Concepts outline for each Key Concept- this is what I will be checking! Part B: Amsco Reading: I will only be requiring Amsco chapter readings instead of the American Pageant. You can still use the American Pageant textbook to help you better understand the more complex topics we cover.
2. ACTUALLY learn to navigate this website. Make sure you know what tabs can help you with what. Under the Period 3 tab you will find:
A calendar of all assignments and homework links, updated every day.
A full quarter assignment/assessment list at the bottom of the page (in progress)
A full quarter homework list at the bottom of the page
ANY Blue words you see on a page on my website - is a link!
3. NOW there is no excuse with turning in assignments late. Since too many of you are turning in work late I am going to uphold the strict late policy. If something is due, that means during the class period (not after school the same day). Turned in on time during the class period = up to 100%. Turned in late= 75%.
4. I updated infinite campus. So you probably should check your grade.... now. You will have this one chance to MAKE UP anything you are missing. My sub will collect any work you complete today. He will turn it in to me and you may receive up to the 100%.
5. Show me you mean business. Lets not talk to our friends today and make sure you are completing any missing assignments. You say you are completely caught up? GREAT, you can start on the homework for tonight. HW: Take Cornell notes on two Key Concepts Videos 3.2and 3.3 DUE NEXT CLASS and there will be a quiz on these two key concepts.
6. Are you confused with what you are learning in period 3? You are not alone, thousands of apush students across the nation feels the same way. Here is a great recap video to help you better understand the Period 3 Key Concepts. PERIOD 3 EXPLAINED.
Email: Patenl@nv.ccsd.net AP/Honors United States History Senior Class Advisor
Class Schedule P1 - APUSH P2 - US Hon P3 - US Hon P4 - US Hon P5 - US HonP6 - PREP P7 - PREPP8 - US Hon